Male Athlete

pg 7 pic 10 (800x534) Speedy is currently a senior at FDR High School. He is FDR’s starting point guard and the captain of the Boys Varsity Basketball team. This is Speedy’s second year on varsity, and he was an instant starter. His family has pushed him to play sports and keep his grades up, so that he can get into a good college- that is his number one goal. As a member of the FDR Basketball team, watching Speedy practice and play, I can tell that he is determined to do nothing but the best for his team. When I told Speedy that he was the Male Athlete of the Month, I can tell that he is glad to be in this position. He said, “I would like to thank my head coach Ronald Yellen for everything he has done for me and my assistant coach Bones for training my body for games.” He also said, “I would like to thank my teammates for having faith in me to carry the team. My family for always being behind me, especially my two older brothers Ala and Nasr Alzindani , who both attended FDR and played on the Varsity Basketball team.” The thing that makes Speedy smile the most is that he is the first Alzindani brother to be FDR’s Male Athlete of the Month.

Speedy is a big fan of Brooklyn Nets. His favorite basketball players are Derrick Rose and Chris Paul. Speedy’s game is based on those two amazing player. Derrick Rose and Chris Paul are clutch players, and being clutch is Speedy’s motivation. After high school Speedy wants to attend UCLA and continue his basketball career, because he likes their style of play.

The Cougars are currently 2-5 and are looking to regroup and have a good second half of the season. So far, Speedy is averaging 26.00 points, 4.00 rebounds and 4.67 assist per game. Look for Speedy to continue to do big things for his team in the last year of his high school career. Good luck Speedy!