Staffer of the Month – Ms. Ocol

The Staffer of the Month is our new Assistant Principal of Science, Ms. Ocol !!! Ms. Ocol taught 10 years before becoming an AP. She thinks her new job is wonderful. She is a dedicated and caring individual. Ms. Ocol teaches Living Environment, because she majored in Biology.  She is very interested in nature’s tremendous diversity, and how everything is interconnected within nature. She went into education, because she had an interest in helping children learn. When she was in high school, she was a camp counselor.  It was there she discovered her love for sharing her passion for Biology. Ms. Ocol’s biggest challenge in her new job, is trying to remember all the names of the students she has met throughout the school.   Her vision for the future of FDR Science is to have all students engaging in guided inquiry to build wonder and curiosity for all the scientific fields. In addition, she would like students to build scientific knowledge in order to comprehend current events and make informed decisions about their lives. Lastly, she would like to have a yearly marine science field trip. She is currently in the process of creating a Science Research Literacy course for the 2014-2015 academic year. In addition, she would like to have Advanced Placement Physics added to the course listing. If any students have interest in the course next year, drop by her office in room 340. Ms. Ocol wants students who are struggling in their Science classes to speak to her or their teachers regarding tutoring.  From everyone in the Cougar Family; welcome to FDR.  We are very lucky to have you here!