• November 27December Edition

The Cougars Family Cares!

Tahiya Noashin, Reporter

The holidays are coming soon, and we are all excited to relax and enjoy some time off with our friends and family! However, before we flash out, we need to keep in mine that this is the season of giving. Here at FDR, our Cougar Family is hard at work helping others in need.

Lately you may have noticed that some of your male teachers have been very focused on their facial hair. Whats up with that you say? From the beginning till the end of November, they’ve been having a competition, where they don’t shave for a whole month. Certain FDR teachers are participating in this competition to help support men’s health issues. According to the “No Shave November” website, “No-Shave November is a month-long journey which participants forgo shaving and grooming in order to evoke conversation and raise cancer awareness.” A picture of each participant was put on their box, and you can donate money to your favorite teacher’s beard. The money that they are collecting is getting donated to men’s health causes.

Thanksgiving has come and gone, but just celebrating Thanksgiving is not good enough for the Cougar Family. The Can Food Drive which started before Thanksgiving is continuing! Students and staff are encouraged to donate food to people who cannot afford food for Thanksgiving and the Holiday season. You can bring any type of packaged, or canned food, to room 119. Donation have not been as strong as in years past, so please embrace the season and bring in that food ASAP!!

Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa are coming very soon. Its the time of year to give rather than take. Everyone enjoys receiving presents from people who truly care about us and wish us well. Unfortunately, some kids in New York City and State don’t have that. So to give them what they wish for! Toys! The Cougar Nation is going to the JFK airport and giving out toys to kids who many not be as fortunate this year. We encourage you all to bring some brand new toys for these kids. From our Student Council Speaker, Samia Tariq,” Its all good to give back to the people who need it.”

Please do your part this Holiday Season to keep in mind that this is a season for giving! Let’s support men’s health, bring in those cans, and get those toys in!