Humanity And The Six Virtues

Why is humanity special? Because it does not belong to anyone specifically, but it is for everyone. Humanity does not belong to any race, nationality, religion, or origin. It is within us, our hearts, and our souls. It can be seen towards one another, towards animals, or towards the environment we are surrounded by. Humanity is one of the six consistent virtues across all cultures, which are wisdom, justice, courage, temperance, and transcendence. It is freedom from selfishness, thoughts, and beliefs. It is about who we really are. 

The six virtues that form our lives and cultures are:

1. Wisdom: Is involved with the ability to make judgments. From different perspectives, wisdom is gathered from day-to-day experiences, and it is the state of being sensible.
  2.  Courage: Courage involves facing hardships and difficult situations. It implies firmness of mind and will in the face of danger or extreme difficulty. 
  3. Justice: Justice is the concept of moral rightness based on ethics, natural laws, and rationality. 
  4. Temperance: Temperance is the control of what the soul desires, such as pride. It is moderation and self-restraint.
  5.  Transcendence: Transcendence is the ability to recognize and realize that we are the source of everything we desire and yearn for in life. It falls under spirituality, appreciation of beauty, and gratitude. 
  6. Humanity: These five virtues, combined, form humanity. All cultures throughout the years have built upon them to form the rules and laws that are used to this day.

The humanities have now become a broad field of study that lets us explore different cultures, arts, and societies- and how they have changed throughout history. Through studying art, dance, literature, and poetry, they express their feelings and fundamental questions- asked by humans at different periods of time.

Being humane is something that is not learned, inherited, or gained. It is a sense that everyone is born with- realizing you are not perfect and being humble and helping others.