Fun Facts!

Fun Facts!

IMG_3843 (800x533)IMG_3837 (800x533)IMG_3823 (800x533)1. “Monowi” is a town in Nebraska with a population of 1, the Mayor pays taxes to herself.

2. China is building a car-free city from scratch for 80,000 residents. It will use 48% less energy and 58% less water; it will also produce 89% less landfill and generate 60% less carbon dioxide.

3.  “Goblet of Fire” is much longer than the first three books because JK Rowling unintentionally created a giant plot hole, and he had to spend the rest of the book trying to fix it.

4. A Canadian genius that specialized in ballistics was designing a super cannon to cheaply shoot objects into orbit. Canada and the US cancelled the joint project. While divested that his dream could never be seen, he was approached by another financial backer: Saddam Hussein.

5. In 1955, someone dropped a 600 year old plaster Buddha statue….to discover the plaster was actually covering a solid gold statue.

6. In the Victorian Era, they had special tea cups that protected your mustache from getting dunked in your tea.

7. Scientists recently found 1,458 new species of bacteria living in the bellybutton.  Everyone’s bellybutton ecology is unique like a fingerprint, and one volunteer’s belly button harbored bacteria that had previously been found only in soil from Japan, where he had never been.

8. France is the only country in Europe to be completely self-sufficient in basic food production.

9. Many shelters won’t allow black cats to be adopted around Halloween, for fear that they may be sacrificed or tortured.

10. President Lyndon B. Johnson owned an amphibious car, the Amphicar, and used it to scare guests by driving them into his lake screaming about brake failure.

11. Water, electricity, and gas have been free in Turkmenistan since 1991.

12. In 2009, Wikipedia banned The Church of Scientology from editing any articles.

13. The inventor of the chocolate chip cookie sold the idea to Nestle in exchange for a lifetime supply of chocolate

14. Giant 6ft otters still exist in 3 remote river systems….and they hunt in packs.

15. When a Google employee dies, their spouses receive half pay from the company for 10 years and their children receive 1,000 dollars per month  until they’re at least 19.

16. Cuteness inspires aggression-which is why we often want to squeeze things we find cute.

17. Clinomania is the excessive desire to lie in bed all day.

18.  Human blood is cheaper than printer ink.

19. Two teenagers lured multiple pedophiles online by posing as a 15 year old girl, only to show up at the meeting spot dressed as Batman and the Flash to record them.

20. Astronomers recently reported that there could be as many as 40 billion habitable Earth-like planets in our galaxy (the Milky Way).