Music Review “The Lumineers”

If you are a fan of the American folk sound and pop, then The Lumineers is a band that will meet your greatest expectations. Their first album, which is self-titled, hit the top of the billboards, landing not only on American folk radio stations, but also Pop stations. The band came together in Denver. It is formed by three members. In the spring of 2005 Wesley Schultz and Jeremiah Fraites began to collaborate and to play gigs around New York. Originally based in Ramsey, New Jersey, later they moved to Brooklyn, NY. After battling the city’s cutthroat music scene, and high cost of living, the two decided to expand their horizons. They packed up and headed for Denver, Colorado. After posting an ad for a cellist, they met Neyla Pekarek, the third member of the band. They started to perform shows in small venues like the 100 capacity Meadowlark around Denver. They also started writing and eventually recording several songs in Jeremiah Fraites’s attic. In the Spring of 2011, after Christen Greene and David Meinert saw a video on YouTube of the band playing their future hit single “Ho Hey,” they signed a management deal with Onto Entertainment. On June 7-9 the The Lumineers will perform at The Governors Ball NYC Music Festival. I seriously advise you to go and see this band in live action. Tickets on sale now!