Stay Warm and Look Great

“And once the storm is over you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”

Haruki Murakami,
Kafka on the Shore

Of course, as you are well aware, the holiday season is right around the corner. Whether you celebrate Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, or Christmas you’re bound to have a wish list prepared.

Here are a few fashion goodies to add to your list of holiday gifts!

Chunky Sweat Shirts – perfect for the cold winter ahead and a never out of style—Acne, Saint Laurent & Kenzo released great sweaters anyone can only dream of, but with the crazy price tag, we can settle for Brandy Melville, American Apparel, or J. Crew to keep cozy yet stylish for hundreds of dollars less.

Scarves – who says you have to choose between being cozy and being cute?! Scarves are a timeless addition to any outfit. Circle scarves were huge last winter, but this winter lets try something new. Plaid scarves are worth a try because well, high-end designers from Moschino to Givenchy have released beautiful cashmere scarves.

Cocoon Coats! – A bit overwhelming for a petite figure like me, but defiantly in style at the moment. Brands like Isabel Marant, Balmain and Lanvin exercised this trend. But their pieces range up to 5,000!, and I don’t think any of us are devoted enough to save up five thousand for a coat. Stores like J.Crew, Zara, & Top shop have cheaper options for this look. (When you’re well dressed no one can tell whether you’re wearing five thousand or 50 dollar jacket!)
That’s all for now, keep positive and stay warm!