FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY’S

“I should be dead, but I’m not. I’ve been living in shadows. There is only one thing left for me to do now: I’m going to come find you. I’m going to come find you.” – FNAF

Ever had a fear of the animatronics and mascots found in Chuck E Cheese? If so, then we have an ideal movie for you to watch- Five Nights at Freddy’s (FNAF).  Gaining enormous fame for its games and books, FNAF, once again, hypes fans longing for its premiere. Given the title, “Scariest game ever made,” FNAF has been one of the top-selling games, tearing up various stream charts on the P.C.. Currently, there are a total of nine main series games, six spin-offs, a series of short stories, and multiple graphic novels. As FNAF became a major hit, it got featured on various other platforms, such as Game Jolt, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

The Five Nights at Freddy’s earned its popularity to generate two sequels solely due to the hype created by fans. Its popularity created multiple games and allowed Blumhouse Productions and Striker Entertainment to revolutionize the game into a supernatural horror film. The trailer for Five Nights at Freddy’s movie was first released on June 27, 2023. The story, basically, revolves around a troubled security guard who begins to work at a local family restaurant known as ‘Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza.’ On his first night of his job, he senses the complexity and the danger he puts himself into. As time progressed, he began to unravel the truth behind the animatronics and the restaurant.

FNAF is created solely for one reason – to send chills down the spine of its viewers. Its creepy animatronics, graphics, and untold stories leave no exception- but to give you the heebie-jeebies. Its use of ‘jumpscares’ adds a more mysterious atmosphere allegorizing feelings of uneasiness and helplessness among players/viewers. Not only do the animatronics manage to hunt you down, but they kill you in the worst possible scenarios.

Overall, Five Nights at Freddy’s movie gives a frightening, fascinating, and wonderful twist to the original story, providing a dark and fun horror for all those waiting for the horror season to begin. The movie goes either two ways: You progressively survive five nights and celebrate your win or you get caught by the creatures….

ALERT! Five Nights at Freddy’s hits theaters on October 27.