The Beatles’ Last Song Ever!

The Beatles. One of the most iconic and influential bands in the history of music… Who hasn’t heard of them?! The band came to life in the early 1960s with their first song, “Love Me Do,” which ended up being their first hit single. Their band consisted of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr. Together, they developed a unique sound of music that blended rock and roll, pop, and elements of other genres. In 1963, The Beatles achieved unprecedented success with the release of their debut album, “Please Please Me,” and the phenomenon known as “Beatlemania,” which swept across the world. The band’s evolution continued with groundbreaking albums like, “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” and “The White Album,” which showcased their innovative approach to songwriting and studio production. Their music changed the whole world’s initial mindset on what music should sound like.

In the 1970s, the band broke apart due to internal struggles within the group. The band ultimately left behind a legacy that still continues to shape the landscape of popular music, with timeless hits, cultural impact, and a lasting influence on future generations of musicians.

Now they are back! With one final song to keep the band’s memory in everyone’s hearts. The song is called, “Now and Then.” The “new” song was written around 45 years ago, and it took a very long time to finish. This song was found through one of the demos made by John Lennon before his death, and after the three other band members found this demo, they decided to fix it up and release it, declaring it the last song the Beatles will ever make. McCartney said, “We all play on it… It’s a genuine Beatles recording.” This is what makes their last song all the more special.

“The Beatles – Now and Then – The Last Beatles Song (Short Film)” – Film on YouTube on the process of making the song.