Earth Day Tips!

Have you heard of what takes place on April 22nd? 

Earth day is an annual event that is celebrated on this date to show our support for environmental protection. Earth Day has been celebrated since 1970 due to the growing concerns for the environment at the time. During the late 1960s and early 1970s there were many environmental concerns such as deforestation, pollution, pesticides, the extinction of species, and more, these issues led for action to address the growing environmental crisis leading to the creation of the first Earth Day.

The purpose of Earth Day is to raise awareness towards environmental issues occurring at the moment, to encourage all to take action to preserve and protect the environment, to inspire change, and celebrate the progress we have made so far. There are many ways we can contribute to make a difference, these are some ways : 

• Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – minimizing waste by reducing, reusing items, and recycling materials like plastic, paper, glass, etc
  • Save Energy – by using energy efficient appliances such as light bulbs, solar/wind power, turning off lights when not in use, etc
  • Conserve water – save water by taking shorter showers, fixing leaks, etc
  • Sustainable transportation – To decrease air pollution its better to get to one place to another by walking, biking, public transportation, etc
  • Use Eco-Friendly Products – Buy environmentally friendly products to minimize environmental impact
  • Preserve Natural Habitats – Restore and protect natural habitats by conserving ecosystems, supporting biodiversity, etc
  • Educate Others – By sharing knowledge with others we can talk about environmental stewardship
  • Get Involved Locally – You can volunteer with community clean-up events, environmental organizations, plant trees, and many more in your area

We can all make a difference by taking small steps collectively and individually to protect the Earth!