Spring Is here! Here Are Some Movies To Watch!

Spring in New York City is a vibrant and refreshing season that shifts us from the cold to the warm weathers. From March to May, temperatures start to rise, Central Park and other parks start to burst with color as cherry blossoms, tulips, daffodils, and outdoor spaces become more lively with street fairs, picnics, and other outdoor events happening around. With spring, comes movies as well. Here are some spring themed movies you can watch while the weather gets warmer:

1.  Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit and his family spends most of their time in a neighborhood garden and picking on Mr. McGregor, who had killed their father. However, due to unfortunate events, Peter gets trapped in one of Mr. McGregor’s trap, but dies of a heart attack along the way. Thinking this would be the end of it all, one of the McGregor’s would move into the house. It started another rivalry amongst the animals and Thomas McGregor, the nephew of Mr. McGregor.

2. Hop

E.B., a bunny, lives on Easter Island and his father is the Easter bunny. With the big reputation his father has, E.B. would need to take over the factory that makes Easter candy. However, he runs away to Hollywood to pursue his dream of becoming a drummer. Along the way he would meet Fred O’Hare and tricks him into giving E.B. shelter after accidentally injuring him. But back in Easter Island, E.B.’s father has sent the guards to search for E.B.

3. A Bug’s Life

Flik is an ant who resides in the middle of a dry creek-bed on a small hill with a colony of ants. One day he ends up destroying the food stores that were suppose to be used to pay off the grasshopper, Hopper. With the situation they are in, Hopper demands that they would need to pay double the price or they will be dead. In order to solve the problem, Flik and some other bugs would go on a journey to help defend the colony.

4. Bee movie

Barry B. Benson is a honey bee who has the ability to talk to humans. After graduating from college and entering the Honex Industry all located inside the bee hive with his best friend, Adam Flayman, Barry was initially excited to join the workforce. After flying outside of the hive for the first time, he stumbles across a human and learns that they have been stealing and eating honey for centuries now. Knowing what he has to do, he tries to obtain justice by suing humanity for theft of honey.

5. Bambi

A young deer named Bambi joins his friends, Thumper a rabbit and Flower a skunk, in exploring his forest home. After the killing of his mother from hunters, he and his friends would face the dangers of the forest.

6. Tangled

A girl by the name of Rapunzel has long hair that magically grows. She has spent her entire life locked up in a tower within the woods with her mother. However, when a runaway thief by the name of Flynn Rider, stumbles upon her, she soon discovers the world for the first time and dreams of eventually seeing the sky lanterns that happens each year on her birthday.

7. My Neighbor Totoro

Satsuki and her little sister Mei moves into a new home in the countryside with their father, as their mother is recovering form an illness in an hospital. As they venture around, they soon discovers that their new neighbor is a forest spirit called Totoro.

8. The Secret World of Arrietty

Hidden beneath the floorboards, little people called Borrowers live quietly within the human world. Unknown to the homeowner and housekeeper, Arrietty and her father would venture out into the actual house in order to steal some supplies. But when a 12 year old boy by the name of Shawn, accidentally meets Arrietty, their friendship would soon form and adventures between the two would blossom.

9. The Wind Rises

Jiro Horikoshi is aiming to become a aeronautical engineer. With WWII beginning, fighter aircrafts that are designed by him ends up getting used by the Japanese Empire. When traveling in Japan on the train, he eventually cross paths with a young girl Nahoko Satomi, who is traveling with her maid.

10. Howl’s Moving Castle

A unconfident Sophie is cursed with an old body by a spiteful witch after encountering with a wizard by the name of Howl. Seeking to break the curse, she leaves home and tries to find Howl and his moving castle.