Top 5 Endangered Species!

Around the world, over 41,000 species are on the brink of disappearing forever, they face  threats from habitat destruction, climate change, and human exploitation.

Top 5 endangered animals are:

1. Javan Rhinos 

Javan rhinos are the most threatened of the five rhino species, with only around 70 rhinos in the world that live only in Java, Indonesia. This species is a dusky gray color and has a single horn of up to about 10 inches. Its skin has many loose folds, giving the appearance of armor plating. They live mostly in tropical forests and follow a diet of leaves, twigs, and fallen fruit.

2. Amur Leopards

It is one of the rarest big cats in the world, with only around 100 individuals left in the wild of far east Russia. Having a paler coat than most subspecies of leopards, and with large, dark, widely spaced rosettes with thick, unbroken rings. They can weigh about 70-105 pounds. Nimble-footed and strong, They can run at speeds of up to 37 miles per hour so they can carry and hide all their unfinished kills so that other predators do not take them

3. Sunda Island Tiger

The smallest tiger subspecies in the world, weighing up to 140 kg they’re estimated to be around 600 in the wild and are only found on the Indonesian island of Sumatra. Compared to the regular tiger, their fur tends to be darker and the black stripes are closer together and much thicker than their continental cousins. Also, they are obligate carnivores, the Sunda tiger feeds on a variety of prey, including macaques, fish, and four-legged animals like deer and wild pigs.

4. Mountain Gorillas 

There are two gorilla species in the world: the eastern gorilla and the western gorilla. The mountain gorilla is a subspecies of the eastern gorilla.These apes have muscular arms, a massive chest, and broad hands and feet — and they have longer hair and shorter arms than their lowland cousins. There is only a estimated of 1,063 in the wild of east central Africa .They’re found in high-altitude montane and bamboo forests and an average silverback gorilla can weigh up to 180kg, because they spend about a quarter of their day eating, mainly plants like leaves, and stems.

5. Tapanuli Orangutan

With 800 or fewer animals, the Tapanuli orangutan is the rarest of all great apes, and they live in North Sumatra. Tapanuli orangutans highly resemble Sumatran orangutans more than Bornean orangutans do in body build and fur color. However, they have frizzier hair, smaller heads, and flatter and wider faces. They make nests in trees of vegetation to sleep at night and rest as the rest of their species do. During the day, they feed on wild fruits like lychees and figs.

All these fascinating creatures and more don’t have much time left, so we need to step up and strive to turn the tide and save the animals for generations to come.