You Should Take AP Calculus!

When it comes to Math, many students ask, “Will I ever need this in life?” This feeling is due to the hard and rigorous fundamentals you need to learn in order to understand higher level math. But, do not let this discourage you! These courses can be extremely beneficial, as they help you with thinking and problem solving. Math is an important part of everyone’s lives, we push ourselves past our limit to think critically. Taking an Advanced Placement Math course, specifically Calculus could help students greatly in the long term. If you pass the AP exams at the end of the year, you could receive 4 college credits for AP Calculus AB and 8 credits for AP Calculus BC!

Here at FDR we have two amazing AP Calculus teachers, Ms. Sivaprakash and Ms. Acciarito! Their teaching skills and knowledge of Calculus are undoubtedly the best in this school. You have the option of AP Calculus AB and AP Calculus BC, and both are completely your choice to take. The community you build in these classes is the best FDR has to offer, being that all of your classmates in these courses are willing to help each other succeed. You also have the option to not take the college credit and take calculus again in college, to easily get a high grade to boost your GPA. If you are interested in computer science or engineering, this course could greatly benefit you. Some biology programs also require Calculus.

AP Calculus AB, taught by Ms. Sivaprakash, is an Advanced Placement course that covers only Calculus 1. If you pass the exam, you can get college credit for this course. Although it does not provide Calculus 2 credit if you pass. It is still a great opportunity to expose yourself to the college level work. This will definitely prepare you and help you get ready for what is next once you graduate. Ms. Sivaprakash enjoys the content of this course and enjoys connecting with the students.

AP Calculus BC, taught by Ms. Acciarito, covers both Calculus 1 and 2. This is the highest level of Math at FDR. If you enjoy Math and want to challenge yourself, definitely go for it! Even though the work may be intimidating, Ms. Acciarito will guide you through it. The exposure to the material is invaluable, and you can go into college with credits already. Ms. Acciarito has always been captivated by the beauty of Calculus, and how everything comes together in the end once you solve the equation. Teaching Calculus is her passion, and she would never trade it for anything! She is very motivated to come to work every day to work with students who want to learn Calculus.

We encourage you to take AP Calculus! It will greatly benefit you in college and put you ahead of your peers. With the help of Ms. Sivaprakash and Ms. Acciarito, there is no doubt that you will gain an abundance of knowledge.

And on Wednesdays we wear pink because limits do not exist!

Thank you Ms. Sivaprakash and Ms. Acciarito!